Move Your Pet South Africa
Leave the details to us!
Citizens returning home to South Africa or Americans relocating for employment purposes with pets, requires attention to detail and specific timing for certain veterinary requirements.
- Microchip identification is required
- Proof of Rabies immunization at least 30 days before but not more than one year before entry into the Republic are also required.
- Pet entry into the Republic of South Africa is controlled by both an import permit along with a booked and manifest air cargo shipment.
- Dogs entering South Africa requires specific blood tests within 30 days of entry. The tests are: Brucella canis, Trypanosoma evansi, Babesia gibsoni*, Dirofilaria immitis, and Leishmania*. Do not complete these tests until the import permit has been issued. Import permits are valid for one year.
- An international health certificate, which is a four-page document, must be issued by an accredited veterinarian within ten days of entry. This certificate also requires export endorsement by the USDA.
Please register with a local veterinarian near your new home to keep your pet's rabies vaccination up to date. Veterinarians typically send reminder notices when vaccinations are due. If another move is in your future, you and your pet will be ready.
Air Animal Pet Movers® and its South Africa specialists know the drill, the routine, and are experienced. Pet moving made easy®. That's our focus. It's our passion.
* Two tests required