Move Your Pet Germany
Leave the details to us!
Whatever your reason for relocating to Germany, Air Animal has the knowledge and the experience to provide you with pet moving made easy® solutions. We work with families relocating for a military Permanent Change of Station with the Armed Forces, contract employment with the Department of Defense and corporate transfers. Air Animal will expertly arrange your pet's air transport needs from the USA and its territories to the Federal Republic of Germany.
Pets entering the EU are required to arrive within five days of their owners or authorized agent - if not, additional fees will apply.
Germany allows pets (dogs, cats, ferrets, etc.) in without quarantine provided:
- The pet is micro chipped for ease of identification before the Rabies vaccination.
- The pet has been vaccinated for Rabies at least 21 days before and not more than 1 year before entry.
- The microchip number is recorded on the Rabies vaccination certificate and it is accompanied by the proper international health certificates: a bilingual pet travel certificate endorsed by the USDA and the accompanying Rabies vaccination.
- International health certificates issued by US Armed Forces veterinarians do not require USDA export endorsement by the USDA.
- Puppies must be at least 16 weeks old, microchipped, vaccinated for Rabies and wait at least 21 days after vaccination before entry.
- Should you plan to move more than five pets to Germany, an import permit is required.
- The consignee/importer of family pets into Germany will be required to pay for destination shelter fees, veterinary inspection fees, and customs clearance charges at the time of receiving the pets at the Frankfurt Border Inspection Point at the Frankfurt Airport.
Please register with a local veterinarian near your new home to keep your pet's rabies vaccination up to date. Veterinarians typically send reminder notices when vaccinations are due. If another move is in your future, you and your pet will be ready.
Pet moving made easy®. That's our focus. It's our passion.