Pet Travel News

Learn More about Pet Travel and Pet Moves

Delta, Others Change Emotional Support Animal Rules

animal transportation,emotional support animals,pet shipping service,pet transportation,service animals February 5, 2018

Delta, United and American airlines are implementing new rules for emotional-support animals.

Delta's policy 
United's policy
American's policy

The airlines and passengers complain poorly training and uncertified support animals increasingly disrupt flights. The animals misbehave, wander the cabin, defecate and sometimes bite passengers.

On Delta, passengers must provide a veterinary health form or vaccination record for either both service and emotional support animals. For comfort animals and psychiatric-service animals, passengers must also provide:

  • A letter signed by a doctor or licensed mental-health professional stating the passenger’s need for the animal.
  • A signed letter stating the animal is trained to behave without a kennel.

“This new policy is our first step in better protecting those who fly with Delta with a more thoughtful screening process,” said John Laughter, Delta’s senior vice president for corporate safety, security and compliance.


Are Pets Safe Flying Air Cargo?

international pet move,international pet shipping,international pet transport June 29, 2017

(Tampa, FL) --When a rabbit died after flying air cargo, Shannon Valladolid of WTSP-TV interviewed Cory Robinette, Air Animal operations director, about moving pets by air.

Moving pets is very safe because the area where pets fly is temperature controlled and pressurized. Cory, who is also on the board of directors at the International Pet and Animal Transportation Association, advised planning ahead at least six months if moving internationally and hiring a professional pet mover. She also advised avoiding extra exercise and extra food before flights.

Alfie, a male cavapoodle, relocated by air from Shanghai to London just last week. He's one laid back Londoner.


Heat Warnings North of the Equator

domestic pet transport,heat warning,international pet transport,pet transportation,pet transportation service June 29, 2017

(Tampa & Orlando, FL)--Media reports are buzzing about planes in Arizona and elsewhere that cannot take off in the extreme heat wave hitting parts of the Northern Hemisphere. The hot air is thin so planes cannot get enough lift.

Extreme heat and extreme cold affect pets moving by air, too. Many airlines will not fly pet air cargo when ground temperatures at departure and arrival airports are forecast to reach 80 degrees Fahrenheit (26 degrees Celsius) or higher. If you're planning a pet move, talk with your pet moving specialist about the best times of the year to fly based on your origin and destination. Mushy-faced breeds such as bulldogs and Persian cats are especially prone to breathing problems in the heat.

Pet Moving Made Easy is our motto. We make it easy by planning ahead. Six months until your more? It's not too early to give us a call or request an estimate online.

Thanks to Lufthansa Cargo: Live for sharing this photo of their animal air cargo operations.


Dog Flu Spreading in U.S.

dog flu,dog flu vaccine,international pet shipping,pet care,pet transportation,pet transportation service June 9, 2017

Dogs do get the flu and it's contagious, too. Dogs that come down with the flu develop fevers and coughs that last one to three weeks. You may notice decreased appetite, lethargy and a greenish discharge from the nose and eyes. Some dogs get sicker and develop  higher fevers and pneumonia. Severe flu cases can cause death. Preventing the flu is a much better option.

"Plan ahead, plan ahead, plan ahead," said Dr. Walter Woolf, Air Animal's veterinarian founder. "Dog flu is easily prevented by visiting your veterinarian for the canine flu vaccine. Because most dogs have not been vaccinated for flu, I strongly advise asking your veterinarian about administering two vaccinations. The first vaccination provides partial immunity. The second vaccination given 15 days later is a booster which gives stronger protection,"

Be certain to vaccinate your dog for flu before relocating or traveling from an area with confirmed canine influenza to another state or country where there are no reported cases of the disease. Dog flu is now being reported in Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Illinois and Florida among other areas.

Mitzi moved to Hungary last month. Dog flu vaccination definitely recommended. 


Air Animal featured on FOX News

international pet move,international pet shipping,international pet transport,puppy scam May 4, 2017

Dr. Walter Woolf, Air Animal's founder and veterinarian, was featured on FOX News with consumer reporter Sorboni Banerjee this week. His warning about online puppy scams: Don't fall in love with a picture, work with a reputable breeder.

Thanks for helping us get the word out, Sorboni.


Britain Changes TOR Rules

British Airways,international pet move,international pet shipping,international pet transport,UK pet import April 14, 2017

(April 14, 2017) The British government has announced major changes to the Transfer of Residence (TOR) protocols for people permanently moving to the UK.

Transfer of Residence documents for Britain includes all household goods imported by the new residents. TOR now requires that pets be on the list. The change also requires 30 days' notice before arrival.

British customs officials have warned that pet entry inspection and clearance will take longer--possibly up to 10 hours. If you are planning to move to the UK, please plan ahead and speak to one of our UK pet move specialists at least two months before you relocate. Jax did. He moved from Portland, OR to London in January.


Australia's post-entry quarantine in short supply. Book early!

Australia,international pet move,international pet shipping,international pet transport,move my dog to Australia March 17, 2017

The new Australian post-entry quarantine facility at Mickleham recently opened online booking for the required pet & animal import quarantine. 

A notice from Mickleham, Australia warns space is booked out nearly six months. Book early and be warned several steps must be completed before you can make a reservation. If you or a client of yours is planning a move to Australia,  reserve post-entry quarantine online. Better yet, give us a call and we'll take on all the details. Max moved to Sydney with Air Animal.


The Routine Pet Move: Are You Kidding?

international pet shipping,pet shipping service,pet transportation,pet transportation service January 12, 2017

Air Animal Pet Movers and its founding veterinarian, Dr. Walter Woolf, are award-winning leaders for animal welfare, health and safety in the industry.

He will share his list of 2017 pet relocation trends and tips along with a few entertaining and cautionary tales about corporate moves and DIY pet moves on a webinar through the Worldwide Employee Relocation Council, Feb. 9, 2017, 11 a.m. EST.

The webinar will be especially helpful for HR staff charged with nationwide and worldwide transferee relocations as well as relocation specialists.

Register today for this free webinar.

Schedule your move! Se habla Español Call 1(800) 635-3448